Swedish Massage or Swedish Massage Therapy was invented by Peter Henrik Ling in the early 19th century in Sweden. In the time, he had developed a system known as “Medical Gymnastics” which was included the movements performed by a therapist. Day-by-day those movements became widely known as “Swedish Movements” now called Swedish Massage or Swedish Massage Therapy in Europe and “Swedish Movement Cure” when they came to the United States of America in the year of 1858.
Peter Henrik was invented this massage system by combining his extensive knowledge of gymnastics and physiology, and some popular form of Chinese, Egyptian, Greek as well as Roman techniques.
For more information, you can see – Massage Therapy Benefits and Swedish Massage Benefits for Sportsman
Benefits of Swedish Massage
Swedish Massage is widely applied as a full body massage, combined long strokes, kneading motions, friction, stretching and often tapping on the layers of deep tissue against one another. This massage is used to increase blood flow to some specific areas of body.
- Swedish Massage is generally used to improve blood circulation.
- It helps ease muscle ache, muscle tension and promote relaxation.
- This massage therapy improves flexibility and motion.
- Swedish Massage Therapy helps to get rid of waste products from your body.
- Swedish Massage is good for blood circulation.
- Swedish Massage is good for physical and emotional well-being
- Swedish Massage therapy extremely beneficial to increase the oxygen level in the blood.
- Swedish massage is a technique used to relax the entire body.
- This massage therapy promotes health, balance and relaxation.
- It helps you de-stress and loosen up your body.
- This massage therapy is great for those people who usually have hard working week.
Swedish Massage can be slow, gentle and often more vigorous depending on what the massage therapist is trying to be accomplished. Sometimes massage therapists use different lotions to minimize the friction and stimulate skin health. Many people say, Swedish massage goes beyond the relaxation. Swedish massage sometimes called relaxation therapy.
Swedish massage occupied a major space in massage therapy. It is widely popular like – deep tissue massage, reflexology, hot stone massage, trigger point therapy, back massage therapy, pregnancy massage or prenatal massage, aromatherapy massage, biodynamic massage, thai massage and Shiatsu massage.
You May Also Like
Swedish Massage for Relaxation I Swedish Massage for Muscle Ache I Swedish Massage for Muscle Tension I Swedish Massage for Flexibility I Swedish Massage for Motion I Swedish Massage Improves Blood Circulation I Swedish Massage Rids Body of Waste Products I Swedish Massage for Physical & Emotional Well-being I Swedish Massage for Sportsman I Swedish Massage Decreases Pain in Body