Reflexology is often called foot massage. There are many benefits of reflexology. Though, it is more than the simple foot massage therapy. This massage generally involves applying pressure to some points on your foot. Some people make mistake telling reflexology is a kind of acupressure therapy. During this massage, soft pressures are applied to certain points on your foot that correspond to the organs as well as body system. Reflexology or foot massage is very relaxing, particularly for people who stand on feet the whole day and when they come back home feel deadly tired.
Unexpected Benefits of Reflexology – Foot Massage
Foot massage really helps us relax. Everybody enjoys foot massage, but many people want to know is there any benefit of foot massage? There are different types of massage that all promise some health benefits. So, the benefit of reflexology or foot massage is undeniable. Let us see at a glance.
- Reflexology is good for your sex life.
- Reflexology is good for circulation.
- Reflexology helps prevent ankle and foot injuries.
- It helps you reduce anxiety and depression.
- Reflexology or foot massage helps relieving headaches and migraines.
- Reflexology is good in lowering blood pressure. This massage is highly effective for those who are suffering from high blood pressure and need immediate control.
- It is good for flat feet as well as plantar fasciitis.
- It helps to alleviate the symptoms of menopause and PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome).
- It helps to reduce edema in pregnant women.
As you see, foot massage or reflexology is beneficial for both physical as well as mental health than most of the people realize. Perhaps, professional massages can often be a quite costly, but there are different resources you see online that can assist you further learn something about the techniques and/or styles of foot massage and more things to know about the benefits of reflexology. It generally takes 10 to 20 minutes in a week, so you can reap the benefits of foot massage without many activities.
Difference Between Foot Massage & Reflexology
The greater number of men and women these days feel painful foot and ankle sometimes at work. Some of them feel tremendous pain during work or after returning home from work place. If your job is in an office, a factory, a hospital, or anywhere in between, there is a chance that sometimes or many times you put a lot of weight as well as stress on your feet. Foot pain is a bit similar to back pain. For back pain, you can take massage. Massage therapy helps a lot in back pain. For foot or angle pain you can take foot massage, which is often called reflexology. Reflexology is much more than a normal foot massage, but it is a foundation of foot massage.