It is not only about you or your loved ones; there are many people around the world who are suffering from joint pain. For some it can be a severe case, to others it could be a mild one. Whatever you are dealing with, you must checkout ayurvedic solutions to treat the problem. Explore them here.
Joint disorders are becoming common in the country. The largest study which was undertaken to assess the burden of the painful disease of the joints suggested that up to five million Indians could be living with Rheutamoid Arthritis (RA). The number is really scary!
Generally, you will find people reporting about their joint concerns of one type or another. As far as the reason is considered, it can range from obesity to heredity. It can be overexertion, stress, lack of proper exercise, improper use of the joints, polluting environment, improper diet, nutrient-less fast food, or unhealthy lifestyle,which contributes more to the problem.
If you are also suffering from joint pain, mild or severe, the first thing you would do is rush to the doctor around, right? Well, you aren’t doing anything wrong; it is always good to get diagnosed. However, it is worth noticing that when you visit a hospital with the complaint of joint pain, in return you come with a bagful of medicines and massage oils.
In the midst of all these things, you often overlook the significance of ancient medication system, Ayurveda. Yes, following an ayurvedic approach you cannot only treat the problem, but also pull it out from the root.
Here are some solutions you need to implement:
Treat Joint Pain with Ayurvedic Herbal Solutions
Mother Nature has offered many herbal treatments for the treatment of aching joints. There are a number of plants which comes with anti-inflammatory properties, and these are safe and effective, altogether. Find out some of them here
- Ashwagandha: When used in pure form, this ayurvedic herb serves with an ample amount of anti-inflammatory effects. It is said to be comparable to taking the steroid hydrocortisone.
- Guggulu: Being a potent inhibitor of the enzyme NFKB, the intake of this herb regulates the body’s inflammatory response. Regular usage has shown significant reduction in inflammation and joint swelling.
- Boswellia: It is also called as Indian frankincense and is well known to alleviate joint pain and inflammation. When taken along with ashwagandha, turmeric, and zinc, it boosts mobility and strength.
- Ginger: Interfering with an enzyme, cyclooxygenase, Ginger is said to be highly beneficial for OA of the knee.
- Triphala: Basically, it comprises of three herbs amalaki, haritaki, and bibhitaki, and it is combined efforts which make it so popular throughout the decades for the treatment of paining joints.
- Turmeric: A common ingredient in every kitchen, it can be used both orally and topically to treat a wide variety of ailments. Actually, it is the active ingredientcurcumin which inhibit key inflammation-producing enzymes and disrupt the inflammatory cascade.
Yoga to Cure Aching Joints…
Besides the essential herbs, there is something more which you need to incorporate. Being a time-honored science, Yoga is a must-do for a balanced living. Practicing yoga will increases strength, flexibility, and balance, altogether.
Keep your legs three to four feet apart in standing position. Now turn slowly your right foot inwards, meanwhile making your left foot 90 degrees to the left. Simply align your left heel with the right one and expand your arms, stretching them parallel to the floor.
Take your legs apart in such a way that your feet are wider than your shoulders. Slowly raise both arms out to the side, keeping them up to shoulder height so that they are parallel to the floor with palms turned down. Now keeping both hips facing forward, you need to turn your left foot 90 degrees outward. Meanwhile, your right foot should be slightly towards the left foot.
Lying on your stomach, keep your thighs parallel to each other. Keep your leg firm and extend your legs in a way that your toes push away from you towards the wall. With your elbows under your shoulders, inhale deeply and keep your forearms on the floor. When you need to exhale, use your chest muscles and back to lift your torso.
When practiced regularly, these gentle yoga movements and herbal remedies, these not help in fighting joint pain, but also strengthen the muscles which support the joints. Try these and feel a difference!
Author Bio: The article is written by Shishir Gupta. He is the director of Alliaance Biotech. The firm is licensed to manufacture the Drugs Tablets, Capsules, Liquid, Injections (Dry & liquid), Hormone’s Tablets and injections. Alliaance Biotech is ISO 9001:2008, head office located at Chandigarh, with activities mainly in the manufacturing Pharmaceutical finished products. Follow the firm on Facebook and Twitter